Wednesday 9 May 2012

YSL La Laque Couture - Rose Futuriste

Yves Saint Laurent's latest nail collection La Laque Couture contains 30 timeless shades created to represent the couture legacy and the contemporary creations of the House of Saint Laurent. The range of shades is really impressive with muted pinks, neons, metallics and even some illusive taupes - a little something for everyone. I was immediately drawn to these when seeing the ad campaign... not least because of those amazing shoes!
I was kindly sent three shades to try out. Nothing brings excitement to the office like the arrival of a little YSL package. All the bottles look so luxurious in their glamorous gold packaging and luckily the product inside has never been a disappointment.
(Without flash)
(With flash)

The two pinks above are pretty similar, but after much thought (I'm deep like that lol) I finally decided on the cooler pink of the two No. 11 Rose Futuriste to paint my talons. The first thing I noticed is the amazing brush. Now, I am no heart surgeon and my hands are a little more than shaky, especially when working on small areas, but application with this brush was so quick and easy. The bristles are quite sturdy, while the brush is wide and flat with a curved edge, which means you can create the perfect shape at the cuticle and smoothly cover the whole nail in polish in one or two strokes. Come to think of it I think this is my favourite brush of any brands I have used!
The polish itself was deeply pigmented and pretty much opaque in one coat. It dried pretty quickly with a high gloss finish. I always use Seche Vite as a topcoat, a 'control' in all my nail polish experiments if you will ;).
I absolutely adore this colour. Bright pink has been the perfect antidote to the recent weather!

YSL La Laque Couture polishes retail at £18 and can be purchased online from Selfridges here.

Have you tried any of the new YSL Couture polishes? Which are your favourite shades? Were you equally impressed with the brush? xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The Rose shade looks beautiful ! x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink and orange are both gorgeous. I like the YSL brushes, I find it easy to apply with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The YSL polishes are fantastic. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig