Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chi Yu and Well Well Well


A few weeks ago I was kindly invited to attend an event at the Chi Yu Wellness centre to hear all about their latest nutritional products from Well Well Well and test out a few of their most popular treatments.
If you were wondering where the name of this spa comes from “chi yu” actually means ‘healing’ in Japanese. ‘Shizen chiyu ryoku’ means the body’s self-healing ability.  The centre is very much targeted at improving your state of physical well being using a mix of modern western and traditional Japanese methods, which are reflected in the spa’s contemporary, yet classic Japanese interiors. The are five treatment rooms (including a double treatment room), which are individually themed to reflect the ethos of chi yu and provide a tranquil environment. Chi Yu also incorporates a wellbeing boutique, where you can purchase a selection of skin care, teas, supplements, candles and other luxury home & travel accessories.
Chi Yu’s extensive range of treatments includes acupuncture, oriental & holistic aromatherapy, craniosacral therapy, pre & post natal care, holistic beauty, reflexology and a selection of different massage therapies.
I was lucky enough to try out mini versions of two of the treatments. I was first treated to 20 mins of reflexology with LED light therapy. This involved my therapist Mami working on my feet, while I relaxed with a rather futuristic looking red light mask on, which promotes healing in the skin, as well as having anti-ageing benefits. I had never had reflexology before so I was a little apprehensive of having my feet so thoroughly looked at firstly, because I am quite ticklish, and secondly because I have very strange, highly arched feet that cause me pain on pretty much a daily basis. Luckily, my fears were gone the second I lay down and Mami began the treatment. She massaged different points on my feet (she was firm, but there was no pain or discomfort) and explained how these relate to different areas of the body. As I had spent the weeks prior to this hunched over my books revising every spare minute she immediately noticed the tension in my back and shoulders, as well as significant discomfort in my neck. She then massaged these ‘crunchy’, knotted areas and by the end of the treatment, not only did my feet feel thoroughly cared for, but some of the ache in my neck and shoulders also began to disappear!
The second treatment I was treated to was a neck and shoulder massage using heated bamboo sticks. This was great for relieving tension in sore muscles.
After my treatments I was taken upstairs to meet the founders of Well Well Well, who provide a range of healthy supplements sold at Chi Yu, as well as their own website. Their three most popular products are the Acai, Black Rice Bran and Krill Oil.
Black Rice (£21.95) is a Chinese delicacy full of antioxidants, vitamin E and fibre. It's the only bran on the market full of essential fatty acids and anti ageing antioxidants that help maintain healthy hair, skin and nails. To get all these benefits you just need to add one to three teaspoons of this amazing superfood to protein shakes, yogurt, cereal and juices.

I am sure most of you have heard of the Brazillian superfood Acai, which has gained cult status in recent years. Well Well Well’s Acai (£19.95) has 10 times the antioxidant capacity of grapes, 30 times the antioxidant capacity of red wine and double the antioxidant power of a serving of blueberries! It is packed full of anthocyanins (a potent antioxidant) that helps maintain cell integrity keeping skin resilient, supple and youthful looking. This supplement turns everything purple, but the taste is nowhere near as strong as its colour.

Krill Oil (£23.95) improves skin elasticity, reduces arthritis and inflammation, protects against UV damage, relieves PMS and it can help with muscle repair and even lower cholesterol. The best part is that it doesn’t taste like fish so can easily be taken every day with your breakfast.

I have been trying these supplements out over the last few weeks and have found them so easy to incorporate into my daily diet. A sprinkle here and there is all it takes to get beautiful, glowing skin and makes sure that your body is just as healthy on the inside as it is on the outside!

To see Chi Yu's full list of therapies and to book your treatment please visit their website here. To learn healthy recipes or purchase Well Well Well superfoods please visit their website here

Have you ever been to the lovely Chi Yu spa or tried any of Well Well Well's food supplements? Do you currently take any supplements? xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig