Monday 29 November 2010

Sparkle with Sleek

As you all know I am a big fan of Sleek palettes, so when their newest creation popped through my letter box I couldn't wait to start swatching away!
From the chilly packaging I was expecting lots of the usual winter colours with a frosted finish (greys, blacks, silvers, blues) however this palette is so much more versatile than that with its great range of colours bursting with sparkle!
Aren't they pretty! 

As with all sleek shadows these are lovely and pigmented, and as the above swatches show, just one (albeit generous) swipe with no base provides a great intensity of colour. The gold and the silver have a smooth frosty finish, while the black in the top row is matte, which will be great for balancing crease work or a smokey eye. The rest of the colours are bursting with glitter. Though I wouldn't say the glitter was 'chunky' in the same way as some Urban Decay shadows (think midnight cowboy), it is definitely glitter as opposed to shimmer or a hint of sparkle. This can mean that these shadows have some visible fall out, so be sure to apply your eye makeup first before concealer/ foundation, use a sticky base (even eyeliner will help) and pat rather than sweep them on to the eyelid.
Just to perform some quality control and make sure that the glitter ran all the way through the shadow I had a good dig down to the pan, and yes it's just as sparkly at the bottom ;). So many brands have been bringing out products with a glittery over-spray that rubs off after a few uses, so I was impressed to see that Sleek didn't follow the trend.
I really do think these are absolutely gorgeous, even if you are afraid of sparkle these can be used subtly to accent the eye, and what better time than the Christmas season! If Dannii Minogue is anyone to go by she has shown us all that you can wear glitter, even at 39, and look spectacular ;).
At £5.99 for 12 shadows I'm sure these won't be around for long so I would encourage haste if you don't want to miss out! Sleek Makeup can be found in your local Superdrug or online here.

Have you tried any Sleek palettes? Which are your favourites and will you be eyeing the Sparkle palette up for a stocking filler or a pre-xmas party treat for yourself? xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty wish sleek was in australia so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    This palette look gorgeous
    The sparkles would be great to do smokey look

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this at the weekend as part of a friend's Christmas present! I was thinking of buying an Urban Decay palette but this was so much cheaper and apparently just as good! Great review; I know she'll love it now! :)

    http://jadefungblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The palette looks amazing, love all the colors!I gave you an award on my blog, do check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig