Monday 15 February 2010

Valentines and Chinese New Year Celebration

Hello my lovelies,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and Valentines day/ Chinese New Year yesterday! Valentines is not exactly my favourite holiday as I find it a little pointless. Every couple has their special day, be it the anniversary of the first time you meet, your first date or even your wedding. So why do we all need to celebrate the 14th of February? Nevertheless, the bf and I still celebrated in quite a traditional way with a lovely meal out on Sunday night.
Since I never miss an opportunity to dress up I decided to make an extra effort (and for once he couldn't complain about how long it took me to get ready hehe). 
I bought this dress about 3 years ago from Warehouse and always save it for special occasions. I absolutely adore it! It has corset boning on the inside, which provides great support and flatters an hourglass figure- sexy without being too revealing. For bigger busts I prefer a strapless dress to be a little longer to balance the look. Being tall I always find it so difficult to find one as any sophisticated dress always ends up at bum skimming length on me. Luckily, this one is cut with boobs, bums and legs in mind! The shoes are 'delicious' from Carvela with bows on the back from last season, but they have some very similar ones in the current collection.
Though it did take me about 2 hours to figure out how to hang this picture my bf got me for Christmas I am so glad that I did. My room is slowly coming together and I really can't wait 'till all the carpentry is done and I can have a proper dressing table, wardrobe and shelves!
 
Hehehe.. he's probably going to murder me when he sees that I put this up!
In case you were wondering I based my makeup on my first Valentine's tutorial video here
Face: Maybelline superstay silky foundation
NARS laguna bronzer
MAC well dressed blush
MAC petticoat MSF

Eyes: UDPP
MAC e/s dazzlelight on lid, wedge, scene, quarry, print in crease, vanilla to highlight.
MAC blacktrack gel liner
L'Oreal voluminous mascara
Shu Uemura smoky layers lashes (would you like a review on these?)

Lips: Mac creme cup lipstick of course ;).

What did you do on Valentine's or Chinese New Year? My single friends had a lovely meal to celebrate in my favourite Chinese restaurant- Phoenix Palace in Baker Street.. yumm yumm! xxx
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Awe...sweet!

    Love this dress, hair, makeup... all of it! You look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! You make a great couple.

    I love VDay because I get to dress up & go to dinner. We don't exchange presents, we just eat & drink!

    Can't wait to see your finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, would love a review on the lashes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Look Fbulous on these picture you are such a natural face ! Gorgeous
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I also love Phoenix Palace. I used to live in Dorset House (where Phoenix Palace is located).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went out for dinner with my family (mom, dad, older sis, younger bro, aunt, uncle, 2 little cousins and my nan) It was nans birthday on the saturday.

    My boyfriend was at home doing college essays :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh you look beautiful Natalya! I'm quite a new follower and new blogger but have been watching your youtube videos for a while and absolutely love them!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress. I am tall too and always find dresses are too short on me as well :)
    BTW I have nominated you for Beautiful Blogger Award. Check it out: http://dutchessroz.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html
    Love your blog and videos!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ended up doing a look inspired by this post....am curious to see what you think, would be honored if you'd let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have time, I would love more of a breakdown of this look -- so beautiful! I would love to know how you added wedge, scene, quarry and print to the crease - I love your blending!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig